Welcome Graduates of 2022 and Parents/Guardians!
Please use this website and check your emails to find relevant information for our Grad Class (it will be updated as soon as new information is available).
All Grad plans are subject to change due to the COVID-19 restrictions of the time.
Date/Time: Saturday June 11, 2022 @ 2PM
Location: Lamont High School - Gymnasium
Number of Tickets per Graduate: 10 (Graduate + 9 guests)
If you require more tickets, please email Ms. Ram ASAP so you can be added to the list.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the members of our Graduation Committee:
- Ms. Ram, Teacher Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Marks, Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs. Gruber, Registrar (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Noppers, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Sonnenberg, Assistant Principal (email@example.com)
- Mr. Cruickshank, Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grad Week Information & Events
Please see the schedule below for Grad Week Information and Events:
Prior to Grad Week or during Grad Week
- Cap, Gown & Vee-stole pick-up from the School (email will be sent out when they are ready for pick-up)
- Ticket pick-up from the School (email will be sent out when they are ready for pick-up)
Monday June 6th
- Dress Up Theme: Dress Like Dad Day
- Water/Colour Fight at Lunch (weather permitting)
Tuesday June 7th
- Dress Up Theme: PJ Day
Wednesday June 8th
- Dress Up Theme: Hawaiian Day
- Staff vs. Grads Baseball Game at Lunch (weather permitting)
Thursday June 9th
- Dress Up Theme: Canadian Tuxedo Day
- Pancake Breakfast in the morning (before class)
Friday June 10th
- Dress Up Theme: Anything But a Backpack Day
- Decorating(all Grads)
- Rehearsal at 4 PM in Common Area/Gym
- BBQ Supper at 6 PM for decorators
Saturday June 11th (Grad Day)
- Doors open at 1 PM
- Arrive at school by 1:30 PM (remember your Cap, Gown & Vee-stole)
- Grad Ceremonies from 2 PM to about 3:30/4PM
- Principals' Tea and Pictures Afterwards
- Go home and enjoy!
Monday June 13th (lunch and afterschool)
- Clean Up and put away all Grad materials
Parent Grad Meeting on Tues May 17th @ 5PM either in-person (Rm.129 at Lamont High) or virtually via Microsoft Teams (click here to join)
A Student Grad Meeting will be held in Rm.129 on Tuesday May 24th, 2022 @ Lunch (11:42 AM).
Previous Grad Meetings:
- Student Grad Meeting #1 on Monday October 25, 2021 @ Lunch
- Student Grad Meeting #2 on Wed November 3, 2021 @ Lunch
- Parent Grad Meeting #1 on Wed November 3rd @ 6:30 PM (virtually)
- Grad Executive & Decorating Committee Meeting #1 on Tues November 23rd @ 12PM.
- Grad Executive & Decorating Committee Meeting #2 on Wed November 24th @ 12PM.
- Grad Executive Meeting on Tues November 30th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #3 on Fri December 3rd @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #4 on Mon December 13th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #5 on Mon January 17th @ Lunch (cancelled due to Bus Cancellation)
- Grad Executive Meeting on Tues February 1st @ Lunch
- Student Grad Meeting #5 on Thurs February 3rd @ Lunch
- Student Grad Meeting #6 on Thurs February 24th @ Lunch
- Grad Brainstorming Meeting #7 on Tues March 15th @ Lunch.
- Grad Brainstorming Meeting #8 on Thurs March 17th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #9 on Tues April 5th @ Lunch.
- Parent Grad Meeting #2 on Thurs April 7th @ 7 PM (virtually).
- Decorating Committee Meeting on Wed April 6th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #10 on Thurs April 21st @ Lunch.
- Executive Meeting on Tues April 26th @ Lunch.
- Decorating Committee Meeting on Thurs April 28th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting on Thurs May 4th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting on Thurs May 12th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting on Tues May 17th @ Lunch.
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
Find the Alberta Education High School Diploma Requirements here:
For further High School completion information, including alternative completions please click here.
Yearbook & Grad Ceremonies Form
The Yearbook and Grad Ceremonies Form can be found here: https://forms.gle/SoJZb4uiotg7h22DA
Required by ALL Graduates.
Deadline for submission: Thurs March 3, 2022 (now overdue)
Baby Pictures & Other Pictures
Each Graduate is required to submit a maximum of 15 other pictures for use in the Grad Slideshow and the Memory Walk (digital copy is preferred). Pictures should be appropriate and NOT contain students from other schools. Pictures with siblings are permitted.
DEADLINE: Tuesday April 5th, 2022
Each Graduate is required to submit a Baby Picture (digital copy is preferred).
Please email your picture to Ms. Ram (email@example.com).
DEADLINE: Friday December 3rd, 2021
Bullarama 2022 Clean-Up
The Grad class has agreed to Clean-up the Grounds after Bullarama in order to fundraise.
When: Sunday May 8th @ about 9AM - 10:30 AM
Where: Ag Grounds
Who: All graduates (and any friends/family that want to come assist)
Cinderella's Closet is an organization in Edmonton that provides FREE Grad dresses, shoes and accessories for students in Grade 9 and Grade 12. www.Cinderellasclosetyeg.com .
It is on a referral basis ONLY, so, if you are in need of this service, please email Ms. Ram or Mrs. Siewert (FSLW) at firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
LHS Grad Committee 2022
Results are in! The Grad Committee for LHS Grad Class of 2022 is:
- President = Emma
- Vice-President = Mason
- Secretary = Adelynn
- Treasurer = Elizabeth
- ALL members of the Executive Committee
Diploma Prep Courses
There are many options for Diploma Prep Courses - please see the links below for times, locations, cost and registration information!
- Rock the Diploma Learning (MacEwan University Campus)
Call (780) 328-0955 or RTD Learning
- Metro Continuing Education
Call (780) 488-1111 or Metro Continuing Education
- APEX Diploma Prep (U of A Campus)
Call (780) 906-5277 or APEX Diploma
Students can order Grad Wear from the Lamont High School Gear website .
When selecting a Design for an item, scroll all the way down through the images to the Grad designs.
Graduates are required to pay a $100 Grad fee (it has now been added to your school accounts) in order to fully participate in the Graduation Ceremonies.
This fee is only payable after all other school fees have been paid in full.
The Grad fee includes the following estimated costs:
- souvenir cap, gown, and stole for the graduate
- large school composite and a personal mini copy of the composite
- a copy of handshake/tassel photo
- a certificate portfolio
- personal highway sign
- recorded speeches
If you have any questions about your school financial account or payment of graduation fees, please contact Mrs. Noppers (email@example.com).
EIPS Career Pathways
Check them out at: November 2021 Career Pathways News
Career Pathways is designed to develop skills that students can apply in their daily lives when preparing for entry into the workplace or for further learning opportunities. Competencies achieved will allow students to make relevant connections with work and/or post-secondary training.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Indigenous Students
Additional Resources for our Indigenous Students can be found at:
Scholarship Links & Wall
There is a Scholarship Wall outside of the Counsellors Office! Please check it out!
Links to some websites that have many scholarships that you could potentially apply for:
https://www.storwell.com/bursary-application Foster Children Bursary
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
Mrs. Doerksen has received lots of excellent questions about the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship recently. Here are a few FAQs:
- Do I need to apply for this now? Is there a deadline?
- Students do not apply until after their grade 12 marks are finalized. Usually the site opens for applications on August 1. There are no deadlines. Students need to wait until they have completed any upgrading that they are planning on doing and until they have confirmed registration for post-secondary. Students who are taking a “gap year” should wait to apply until they are ready to start their post-secondary journey.
- I missed getting a high enough average in grade 10 and/or 11 by a small amount. Is there anything I can do?
- Averages for determining whether a student qualifies are not based on the year that the student takes the course. Any course with a course number in the 1000s will count for grade 10, 2000s for grade 11 and 3000s for grade 12. If a student missed the qualification level for a particular grade they could look at taking an option course now. Getting a high mark in that course will improve their average for that previous grade and could allow them to qualify for the scholarship.
- I know other people got higher marks than me. How can I compete with them?
- The Alexander Rutherford Scholarship is not competitive. Anyone who meets the criteria and applies automatically gets the money.
- If I am unsure if I qualified how can I find out?
- If students would like to check to see if they qualified for their grade 10 and grade 11 years they can ask their grade administrator. There is no harm in applying, even if not sure. Student Aid will do the calculations and send the check to the student if they qualify.
Here is a link to the website where you can find detailed information about this very beneficial program:
Media Consent Form
ALL Graduates must have a signed Media Consent form returned to the office by Friday December 3, 2021.
The Consent form allows for your Graduation picture to be included in items such as:
- Grad Composite
- Grad Class pictures
- print media (ex. Lamont Leader, highway lawn signs, etc)
- online media (ex. School website, live streaming of ceremonies, etc)
Form: Media Consent Form
Complete and return to the Office or email to email@example.com
If you require Grad Photos still, you may call Lifetouch at (780)437-2431 to book an appointment to go into the Edmonton Office.
Note: Grad Portraits taken after Retakes will NOT be on the Grad Composite. There is no guarantee that they will be in the Yearbook or used in any of the Graduation Ceremony activities.
If the website does NOT work for you, please email me or come see me and I will help you book it. You can also call into the company to book it at (780)437-2431.
Grad Pictures were on November 30th to December 2nd, 2021.
Grad Picture Retakes were on April 12th, 2022.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for your Grad picture proofs to arrive via email and/or as a hardcopy.
If you have any questions regarding the proofs or how to access and order pictures - please contact Lifetouch directly at (780) 437-2431.
Grad 2021 - Unclaimed Items
If you did not collect your Grad Lawn Sign or any other Graduation Items - please call the school and arrange to pick it up. Unclaimed items will be disposed of in December 2021.