Welcome Graduates of 2022 and Parents/Guardians!
Please use this website and check your emails to find relevant information for our Grad Class (it will be updated as soon as new information is available).
All Grad plans are subject to change due to the COVID-19 restrictions of the time.
Dates: June 2022
Location: Lamont High School - Gymnasium
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the members of our Graduation Committee:
- Ms. Ram, Teacher Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Marks, Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs. Gruber, Registrar (email@example.com)
- Mrs. Noppers, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Sonnenberg, Assistant Principal (email@example.com)
- Mr. Cruickshank, Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alberta High School Diploma Requirements
Find the Alberta Education High School Diploma Requirements here:
For further High School completion information, including alternative completions please click here.
Bottle Drive - Saturday January 22nd, 2022
The LHS Grad Class of 2022 will be having a Bottle Drive Fundraiser on Saturday January 22, 2022 from 10 AM - 4 PM in Lamont, Andrew, Bruderheim, Chipman, Star and all the rural areas in between!
Grads have signed up to help in assigned areas!
For more information contact Ms. Ram (email@example.com).
A Student Grad Meeting will be held in Rm.129 on Monday January 17th, 2022 @ Lunch (11:42 AM).
Previous Grad Meetings:
- Student Grad Meeting #1 on Monday October 25, 2021 @ Lunch
- Student Grad Meeting #2 on Wed November 3, 2021 @ Lunch
- Parent Grad Meeting #1 on Wed November 3rd @ 6:30 PM (virtually)
- Grad Executive & Decorating Committee Meeting #1 on Tues November 23rd @ 12PM.
- Grad Executive & Decorating Committee Meeting #2 on Wed November 24th @ 12PM.
- Grad Executive Meeting on Tues November 30th @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #3 on Fri December 3rd @ Lunch.
- Student Grad Meeting #4 on Mon December 13th @ Lunch.
LHS Grad Committee 2022
Results are in! The Grad Committee for LHS Grad Class of 2022 is:
- President = Emma
- Vice-President = Mason
- Secretary = Adelynn
- Treasurer = Elizabeth
- ALL members of the Executive Committee
Grad Pictures were on November 30th to December 2nd, 2021.
Retake dates have not yet been determined.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for your Grad picture proofs to arrive via email and/or as a hardcopy.
If you have any questions regarding the proofs or how to access and order pictures - please contact Lifetouch directly at (780) 437-2431.
Diploma Prep Courses
There are many options for Diploma Prep Courses - please see the links below for times, locations, cost and registration information!
- Rock the Diploma Learning (MacEwan University Campus)
Call (780) 328-0955 or RTD Learning
- Metro Continuing Education
Call (780) 488-1111 or Metro Continuing Education
- APEX Diploma Prep (U of A Campus)
Call (780) 906-5277 or APEX Diploma
Media Consent Form
ALL Graduates must have a signed Media Consent form returned to the office by Friday December 3, 2021.
The Consent form allows for your Graduation picture to be included in items such as:
- Grad Composite
- Grad Class pictures
- print media (ex. Lamont Leader, highway lawn signs, etc)
- online media (ex. School website, live streaming of ceremonies, etc)
Form: Media Consent Form
Complete and return to the Office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each Graduate is required to submit a Baby Picture (digital copy is preferred).
Please email your picture to Ms. Ram (email@example.com).
DEADLINE: Friday December 3rd, 2021
Students can order Grad Wear from the Lamont High School Gear website .
When selecting a Design for an item, scroll all the way down through the images to the Grad designs.
Graduates are required to pay a $100 Grad fee (it has now been added to your school accounts) in order to fully participate in the Graduation Ceremonies.
This fee is only payable after all other school fees have been paid in full.
The Grad fee includes the following estimated costs:
- souvenir cap, gown, and stole for the graduate
- large school composite and a personal mini copy of the composite
- a copy of handshake/tassel photo
- a certificate portfolio
- personal highway sign
- recorded speeches
If you have any questions about your school financial account or payment of graduation fees, please contact Mrs. Noppers (firstname.lastname@example.org).
EIPS Career Pathways
Check them out at: November 2021 Career Pathways News
Career Pathways is designed to develop skills that students can apply in their daily lives when preparing for entry into the workplace or for further learning opportunities. Competencies achieved will allow students to make relevant connections with work and/or post-secondary training.
Contact us at: email@example.com
For Indigenous Students
Additional Resources for our Indigenous Students can be found at:
Scholarship Links & Wall
There is a Scholarship Wall outside of the Counsellors Office! Please check it out!
Links to some websites that have many scholarships that you could potentially apply for:
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
Mrs. Doerksen has received lots of excellent questions about the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship recently. Here are a few FAQs:
- Do I need to apply for this now? Is there a deadline?
- Students do not apply until after their grade 12 marks are finalized. Usually the site opens for applications on August 1. There are no deadlines. Students need to wait until they have completed any upgrading that they are planning on doing and until they have confirmed registration for post-secondary. Students who are taking a “gap year” should wait to apply until they are ready to start their post-secondary journey.
- I missed getting a high enough average in grade 10 and/or 11 by a small amount. Is there anything I can do?
- Averages for determining whether a student qualifies are not based on the year that the student takes the course. Any course with a course number in the 1000s will count for grade 10, 2000s for grade 11 and 3000s for grade 12. If a student missed the qualification level for a particular grade they could look at taking an option course now. Getting a high mark in that course will improve their average for that previous grade and could allow them to qualify for the scholarship.
- I know other people got higher marks than me. How can I compete with them?
- The Alexander Rutherford Scholarship is not competitive. Anyone who meets the criteria and applies automatically gets the money.
- If I am unsure if I qualified how can I find out?
- If students would like to check to see if they qualified for their grade 10 and grade 11 years they can ask their grade administrator. There is no harm in applying, even if not sure. Student Aid will do the calculations and send the check to the student if they qualify.
Here is a link to the website where you can find detailed information about this very beneficial program:
Grad 2021 - Unclaimed Items
If you did not collect your Grad Lawn Sign or any other Graduation Items - please call the school and arrange to pick it up. Unclaimed items will be disposed of in December 2021.