Most Valuable Player: the players judged to be the most outstanding player in a sport during a season. This player is also a leader in the categories of sportsmanship and respect for school staff members, coaching staff, teammates and opponents.
The Lakers Award: Heart, Hustle & Team Spirit - selected by the coach an athlete who best demonstrates, throughout the season, the true spirit of Lakers Athletics promoting the values of sportsmanship and ethical play in competition. The recipient of this award is a true team player, giving their best on and off the court to be the best they can possibly be.
The Coach’s Award: Most Improved Player - recognizes individuals for their commitment and dedication to the team and show a strong work ethic at all times during a sport in a particular season. It is given not only for hard work and personal improvement, but for a willingness to understand, to learn, and to function with coaching staff and teammates to recognize one's full potential.
Top Academic Athlete: given to one junior high and one senior high student who participated in multiple sports who has the highest academic standing for their current grade level in class marks in all core subjects, including Math, English, Social Studies and one Science; these courses must be the top level of each course in that grade.
Athlete of the Year: given each year to one male and female from junior high and high school who demonstrates the following attributes:
- Participated in more than one sport for Lakers Athletics
- Exhibited a high level of commitment to the team(s) and program
- Contributed significantly to the team's season
- Contributed to the program during the course of the year and/or their career
- Demonstrates the qualities of fair play and sportsmanship always
- Is an exemplary role model always for other student athletes; shows respect for all staff, classmates, coaching staffs, teammates, opponents and officials
- Is an ambassador for the school; an outstanding representative of the school always